Three restaurants have already held their events — Mr. Smith’s Coffee House, Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken and Cold Creek Cafe. Six more remain.
Pamela Brumbaugh, executive director of United Way of Erie County, said that while she hopes local residents will support the agency’s current pledge drive, the event also offers a way to support the agency and local businesses. “It’s supporting a local restaurant and helping that local restaurant support United Way,” Brumbaugh said.
Maria Berardi-Nainee, owner of Berardi’s Family Kitchen, said her eatery has been supporting the event for years.
“It’s just an organization that we believe in,” she said. “We want to help whenever we can. It’s just something we feel good about supporting.”
Want to eat?
The remaining Dine Out for United Way events in Erie County:
• Tuesday: Berardi’s Family Kitchen, 1019 W. Perkins Ave., Sandusky
• Wednesday: Zinc Brasserie, downtown Sandusky
• Thursday: Crush Wine Bar, downtown Sandusky
• Oct. 28: Buffalo Wild Wings, 814 Crossing Road, Perkins Township
• Oct. 29: Angry Bull Steakhouse, 3317 Cleveland Road E., Berlin Township
• Oct. 31: Perkins Restaurant and Bakery, 4710 Milan Road, Perkins Township