Cig starts house fire

Occupant in Carr Street home dumped water from window to snuff hotspot
Sandusky Register Staff
Jun 5, 2013

A smoldering cigarette was the likely cause of a small fire at a Carr Street home Wednesday evening, Sandusky firefighters said.

Crews were dispatched to the home, in the 1200 block of Carr St., at about 7 p.m. An occupant in the home said she dumped buckets of water from a window onto the smoldering hotspot, snuffing any flames.

Sandusky fire Capt. Brian Green said it appears someone in the home flicked a lit cigarette out a window, and the cigarette landed between the roof and a wall. It smoldered there for a bit before igniting. Damage was minimal and no one was injured.

Comments

The Answer Person

Cancer cures smoking.