Carl Ours Jr. won't be eating Castleberry Food Co.'s chili again.
The New London resident plans to file a lawsuit in federal court today or tomorrow. The civil lawsuit alleges he developed botulism after eating some of the company's chili sauce in late June 2007.
Shortly after digging into a can of the chili on a camping trip, the 39-year-old man said he started having trouble chewing, swallowing food and his muscles became weak.
After being taken by helicopter to The Cleveland Clinic, he was diagnosed with the potentially life-threatening illness.
Read the complete story in Thursday's Register.