A Sandusky woman is reaching out for help.
Dominique "Nikki" Price was diagnosed with breast cancer in August and has been fighting an uphill battle -- all while trying to pay the bills.
Price has undergone a mastectomy of one breast and is undergoing chemotherapy. Because of the side effects of her treatment, she could not return to work at Delphi Automotive -- two weeks short of receiving medical benefits.
"It's difficult going from receiving a paycheck week to week and then getting nothing at all and then worrying about your health," said Racquel Pace, a long-time friend of Price.
Even though Price has medical insurance, it's difficult for her to pay the bills, Pace said.
Price will undergo a year of chemotherapy treatments. It is difficult to say what her diagnosis will be once the treatments are completed, Pace said.
"She's a real easygoing person," Pace said. "It's really about asking the community for their support, giving what they can."
* Where - Big O's Sports Bar & Grill
* When - Noon - 10 p.m. today
* Admission - Donations welcome
* Events - Fish fry, 50/50 raffle, silent auction and bake sale
* Additional event - Chicago Style Ballroom Dance Exhibition - 7-9 p.m.
* For more information, call 419-366-8040.