Leave Feedback

Dryer, chimney fires extinguished

Sandusky Register Staff • Oct 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Firefighters were called out to a chimney fire at 11:49 p.m. Saturday at 1123 Franklin St. Flames were showing from the chimney when they arrived, Capt. James Green said.

A fire in the fireplace ignited a buildup in the chimney, Green said.

Firefighters quickly put the fire out, and there was no dollar loss.

Firefighters responded Sunday afternoon to a dryer fire at 533 Jackson St. Heavy smoke was rolling from the side porch after the dryer’s wiring ignited, setting the appliance on fire, Green said. The basement has concrete walls, which saved the home from significant damage.

There was some smoke damage to clothing in the room, and the dryer was a loss, Green said. He estimated the damage to be about $1,000.

Recommended for You