Sandusky: Home of the fishing tournaments
Mar 19, 2013 at 8:01 AM
She reeled them in with a lot of backup from Lake Erie Shores & Islands, which helped Kurt recruit the tournaments and provided thousands of dollars to help market them.
Kurt said the city has had five to six tournaments in recent past years, so eight is the largest number yet.
The fishing tournament season kicks off with the Crappie USA tournament set for April 13.
This year’s fishing tournaments in Sandusky are:
• Crappie USA Tournament, April 13.
• Lake Erie Walleye Trail, May 4.
• Northern Ohio Catfish Tournament Trail, June 22.
• Cash for Bass Tournament, Lake Erie Division, June 29, July 6, July 20, August 10, August 31 and Sept. 7.
• Ohio Bass Federation Nation, July 12-14.
• Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Weekend Series, August 24-25.
• ESPN Bassmasters Open, Sept. 12-14.
• Fishers of Men National Tournament Trail Midwest Championship, Sept. 19-20.
Get the ePaper or buy a Register today for more on this story and a report on the wet spring weather forecast that could impact the dreaded Alga Bloom. Click here to subscribe to the ePaper, for home delivery ar get a Register at a newsstand near you.