Erie County Sheriff's deputies and hazmat officials responded to the plant, which shut down just before 3 p.m. for a caustic spill.
Initial reports indicated no one was injured.
The on duty shift was sent home.
Firefighters who entered the facility to investigate detected high levels of nitric acid in the air. The substance is used in the company's manufacturing process.
Firefighters ventalated the area and turned it back over to company personnel at about 6 p.m.
For more, pick up a copy of Friday's Register.