Leave Feedback

Ohio couple says stray cat saved their lives

Associated Press • Sep 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

The Mansfield News Journal (http://ohne.ws/SjKtYG ) reports that it happened last week near Mount Gilead, north of Columbus.

Rod and Michelle Ramsey said they were just trying to sleep after turning on the furnace in their home. But the restless cat, named Tiger, wouldn't let them. Little did they know they had a gas leak.

Michelle Ramsey was describing to someone on the phone that she and her husband had headaches and felt sick. They thought they had food poisoning.

Rescue crews were called, and they were flown by helicopter to The Ohio State University Medical Center for treatment.

The Ramseys say Tiger has earned a permanent spot on their couch.

Recommended for You