Ralph E. Lewis, of Florence, Ala., survived his parents, Walter B. Lewis and Florence A. Britcher-Lewis; two brothers and one sister. He is the last Lewis of his generation.
He married B. Eileen Wilson-Lewis on Oct. 14, 1940. They were married 70 years when Eileen passed away in 2010.
Ralph served as a Marine in WW II in the Asiatic-Pacific Theater 1941-45, and attended Wittenberg College 1945-46. A partner in Lewis and Sons Reality and Development Company, he and his father Walter B. Lewis developed the Leffel Lane area in Springfield, Ohio. In 1954 he joined Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy, and retired from Sandusky Post after 21 years of service.
After retirement he joined K-Mart as security manager, retired from K-Mart and he and his wife moved to the Alabama Shoals Area.
He is survived by daughters, Judith L. Richard-Novak, and son-in-law, Charles Novak, of Florence Ala., Janice F. Dean, of Norwalk, P. Eileen Lewis, of Bullhead City, Ariz.; son, Harold W. Lewis and daughter-in-law, Patricia Lewis, of Florence; former daughter-in-law, Donna E. Lewis, of Florence; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and four great-great- grandchildren.
Services to honor Mr. Lewis will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23, at Richards, Raff & Dunbar Memorial Home, Springfield, Ohio. A gathering of family and friends will be one hour prior to services. Burial will follow in Ferncliff Cemetery.
No flowers please. Send donations in memory of Ralph E. Lewis, to Shriner’s Hospital for Children, 3229 Burnett Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45229-3095 or Hospice Advantage, Dr. Hicks Drive, Florence, AL 35630.
Expressions of sympathy may be made at richardsraffanddunbar.com.