Thursday afternoon, I walked past a house on Lawrence Street, and an ambulance with flashing lights was there as were three police squad cars.
There was a crowd of looky-loos standing 20 to 30 feet away around a central group of maybe 10 or 12 people.
Then on Friday morning, I walked by the same house. A young woman was on the porch wearing full hazard gear, including a mask. She was scrubbing on the front porch. Later on, I observed a bright sign taped to the door that said, "Do not enter. Ozone generator in use."
Now I know that ozone generators are used both to eliminate strong odors as well as to sterilize areas contaminated by bacteria. Something happened at this house but what? Kathryn via email.
The Mailbag is a daily feature on sanduskyregister.com. Each weekday at noon, we will post one question from a reader and answer it.
To ask a question, send a letter to The Mailbag at 314 W. Market St., or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first name and a location in the email, e.g. “John from Decatur Street."