When can I ride Gatekeeper?
Gatekeeper, a roller costing upwards of $30 million to construct, publicly debuts Saturday.
Click here to subscribe to the e*Paper or buy a Register at a newsstand near you today, Saturday and Sunday for extensive coverage of the roller coaster's opening.
Anyone attending the park this year, however, should expect a lengthy wait before boarding. In addition to the allure of a new roller coaster, the ride's located at Cedar Point's main entrance — hence gatekeeper — generating long lines for the ride.
Here are some statistics of the park:
• Length: 4,164 feet
• Tallest hill: 170 feet
• Biggest drop: 165 feet
• Angle of lift hill: 40 degrees
• Length of ride: 2 minutes, 40 seconds
• Top speed: 67 mph
• Type: winged coaster
• Rides per hour capacity: 1,710
• Fast Lane availability: Fast Lane Plus passes only
• World records set: 7
• Height restriction: 52 inches