A truck caught fire early Thursday morning while parked outside a home at Broadway and Barker streets.
Sandusky firefighters said the vehicle's engine block heater, plugged into an outlet, had malfunctioned. Crews were called to the scene at about 1:30 a.m. and they had the fire extinguished inside of 15 minutes.
The truck had been parked outside a home in the 1300 block of Broadway. Firefighters used a saw to cut open the vehicle's hood so they could get at the fire.
While the truck was heavily damaged, the home where it was parked sustained only minor damage to some siding and an overhead door, firefighters said. No one was injured.