Our exclusive summer series features some great local places to drink and dine in the sunshine. Here, we feature an often-overlooked spot in Bellevue with a gorgeous patio.
• WHAT: Twin Lakes
• WHERE: 100 Decker St., Bellevue
• HOURS: 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Mon.-Wed., 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Thu.-Sat., 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Sun.
• INFO: 419-483-2842
Though the Twin Lakes restaurant, pictured above, may not seem like much when you drive up to its white siding and box-shaped exterior, looks can be deceiving — true beauty is found out back. Located on the southwest corner of the building, the large stone patio is surrounded by a lovely garden, has a superb view of the golf course and seats at least 30 people. There are retractable umbrellas at almost every patio table, two fire pits and lounge seating on the covered porch (located next to the patio) where they occasionally host live acoustic performances. When I stopped by take photos of the patio, I also tried some of the food. I have to admit I loved it all, but two must-haves are the fresh cut fries and the fresh squeezed lemonade.
• Monday: Quesadilla night - enjoy a quesadilla for $5.75.
• Tuesday: Fillet medallions served with mashed potatoes and gravy for just $7.99
• Wednesday: Shrimp baskets just $6.95, chicken baskets just $6.50
• Thursday: Wing King Night - enjoy $.50 wings
• Friday: Special prices on prime rib and wild salmon
• Saturday: Special prices on prime rib and Jack Daniels ribs