Looking for the perfect place to bring your family for a delicious Easter dinner? Want to get the kids out to hunt for eggs? Either way, we've got plenty of perfect picks for all kinds of Easter fun, including brunches, buffets and egg hunts galore.
Easter buffets, brunches & meals
Easter Celebration & Brunch
• WHEN: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. April 23-24
• WHERE: Kalahari Resort, 7000 Kalahari Dr., Sandusky
• COST: $24.99/adult, $9.99/children ages 4-12, children 3 and under free
• INFO: 419-433-5543
Kalahari is having a special brunch for Easter with fun family activities and wild water park thrills. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
Annual Easter Brunch
• WHEN: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. April 24
• WHERE: Sawmill Creek Resort, 300 Sawmill Creek Dr. W., Huron
• COST: $22.95/adult, $9.95/children ages 4-11, children 4 and under free
• INFO: 419-433-3789
The Wilderness Hall will have extensive service stations of breakfast, hand-carved meat, pasta and dessert. The Easter Bunny will be welcoming kids in the garden and Sean Carroll will be making caricatures. Reservations are required.
• WHEN: 11 a.m.-5:30 p.m. April 24
• WHERE: Quaker Steak & Lube, 5150 Liberty Ave., Vermilion
• COST: $18.99/adult, $16.99/senior, $11.99/ages 9-14, $6.99/ages 8 and under
• INFO: 440-967-3724
Enjoy a huge buffet in honor of Easter Sunday, including hand-carved prime rib, roast turkey, homemade stuffing, fresh vegetables, soup, salad and more.
An Easter Celebration
• WHEN: 1-7 p.m. April 24
• WHERE: Chez Francois, 555 Main St., Vermilion
• COST: $49.95/person (does not include tax or gratuity)
• INFO: 440-967-0630
Sit down to an elegant and gourmet dinner of homard bisque, halibut, seared duck breast, filets of aged beef, Belgium chocolate mousse and Fruits Napoleon at Chez Francois.
Reservations are highly recommended.
Easter events for the whole family
Easter Egg Hunt
• WHEN: 10 a.m. April 23
• WHERE: Schoepfle Garden, 11106 Market St., Birmingham
• COST: Free
• INFO: 440-458-5121
All kids ages 12 and under are invited to participate in an Easter egg hunt among the beautiful gardens at Schoepfle. You’ll get to look for treats and play games for fun prizes!
Easter Egg Roll
• WHEN: 2-3:30 p.m. April 23
• WHERE: Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center, Spiegel Grove, Fremont
• COST: Three hard-boiled and colored eggs
• INFO: 419-332-2081
Children ages 3 to 10 years old are invited to participate in a White House tradition that began in 1878, started by President Rutherford B. Hayes. Price of admission is three hard-boiled, colored eggs, which you’ll use in all kinds of “rolling” contests on the lawn in front of the home. Prizes will be awarded in four age groups. Bring a decorated egg to enter in the egg-decorating contest — the more Victorian the design, the better! Hayes Center will have free balloons, passes to the museum and visits with the Easter Bunny.
Spring Egg Hunt
• WHEN: 2 p.m. April 23
• WHERE: Baines Park, Plank Road, Norwalk
• COST: Free
• INFO: 419-663-6775
Ernsthausen Rec Center is sponsoring the annual egg hunt, where the Easter Bunny will be hiding hundreds of eggs filled with candy and 200 prize bags to be given away. No child will leave empty-handed! The times are 2 p.m. for ages 2 and under, 2:15 p.m. for ages 3-5,
2:45 p.m. for kindergarten and first grade and 2:45 p.m. for second through fourth grades. The egg hunt will take place at the Baines Park baseball diamonds. Rain date is April 30.
Did we miss any Easter-themed, family friendly events? Let us know!