Sometimes, you just want to enjoy a romantic, indulgent dinner with your sweetheart. Or maybe you want to take the whole family out to enjoy a delicious meal without having to worry about the post-dinner cleanup. Either way, we’ve got offerings for every taste below.
• WHAT: New Year’s Eve Dinner
• WHEN: Seatings at 4:30, 7 & 9 p.m. Dec. 31
• WHERE: Chez Francois Restaurant, 555 Main St., Vermilion
• COST: $60/person for first two sittings, $85/person for final sitting (tax & gratuity not included)
• INFO: 440-967-0630 or chezfrancois.com
With three different seatings, you can pick the one that best fits your schedule. You’ll want to do it fast, though — reservations for this exclusive party fill quickly! Each seating will feature a multi-course dinner. The last seating will feature musician Mike Moore. Moore, a songwriter for over 35 years, is also a singer and keyboard player who creates the perfect atmosphere for dancing.
Hors d’oeurves include Maine Lobster Quiche with a Truffle hollandaise, Artichaut l’Alouette (alouette-stuffed artichokes) and Lobster Bisque. The featured salad is the Chez Francois Holiday Salad, which consists of mixed field greens tossed with a champagne sweet and sour vinaigrette, served with dried cranberry, spicy walnuts and onion. Entrees include King Salmon with Baby Shitake Mushrooms, Roast Rack of Lamb with a Pistachio Herb Crust and Filet Mignon with Stilton Cheese. Dessert is a Chocolate Marzipan Mousse Torte. For a more detailed menu, visit the website.
• WHAT: New Year’s Eve Dinner
• WHEN: 5, 6:45 & 9 p.m. Dec. 31
• WHERE: Zinc Brasserie, 142 Columbus Ave., Sandusky
• COST: $45/person (first seating), $75/person (second seating), $100/person (final seating)
• INFO: 419-503-0864
Undoubtedly Sandusky’s favorite place for a fine meal, Zinc is offering a decadent New Year’s Eve spread to ring in 2011. The first seating features a three-course meal, the second features a four-course meal and the final seating features a five-course meal, hence the difference in price.
For the first seating at 5 p.m., you’ll enjoy a baby spinach salad with gorgonzola, apple and dried cranberries with Dijon vinaigrette. The main course is Braised Beef Shortribs and Seared Jumbo Day Boat Scallops, with a Truffle Potato Puree and Red Wine Sauce. The
dessert is a Chocolate Espresso Opera Cake with Blackberry Cabernet Sorbet.
The second seating features all of the above, but includes more wine pairings. It also has an additional course, which is the addition of Exotic Mushroom Veloute Soup with truffle essence.
The third and final seating is a grand finale of sorts, including all of the above, but with addition of Gravlox Carpaccio (house cured salmon, beets, chevre moussoline). No matter what your tastebuds crave, there’s a meal waiting for you at Zinc. For a more detailed menu, visit the website.
• WHAT: New Year’s Eve Buffet
• WHEN: 5-9 p.m. Dec. 31
• WHERE: Kalahari Waterpark Resort, 7000 Kalahari Dr., Sandusky
• COST: $25.99/adult (age 13 and older), $9.99/kids 4-12, free for kids 3 and under
• INFO: 877-525-2426 or kalahariresorts.com
This African-inspired buffet will have something for everyone at a price you can afford. Reservations are strongly suggested. Look for a full menu on kalahariresorts.com.