If you’re like most people, you salivate over the prospect of a huge, home cooked meal shared with family and friends — but you don’t always want to be the one slaving away in the kitchen for hours upon hours. We’ve come up with a solution: gather the family and head to one of the Thanksgiving meals or buffets. Below, we’ve got a list of some of the most hearty offerings.
• WHEN: 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 25
• WHERE: Mon Ami Restaurant & Historic Winery, 3845 E. Wine Cellar Rd., Port Clinton
• COST: $29.95/adult, children 6-12 are half off, ages 5 and under are free
• INFO: 419-960-0041 (reservations suggested)
This brunch features appetizers, a breakfast station, a fresh salmon display, a meat carving station, salads, waffles, omelets and desserts.
Bountiful Thanksgiving Feast
• WHEN: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 25
• WHERE: Sawmill Creek Resort, 400 Sawmill Creek Dr. W., Huron
• COST: $21.95/person (plus tax and tip), $8.95/ages 4-11, ages 3 and under are free
• INFO: 419-433-3800 or sawmillcreek.com
Indulge in this traditional Thanksgiving buffet located in the Wilderness Hall, which includes all kinds of salads (think marinated mushrooms, shrimp, carrot salad, broccoli cheese salad, pasta salad, three bean salad).
The Chef Carving Station features top round of beef and the breakfast station includes waffles with fruit and assorted toppings, scrambled eggs and sausage. The hot selections include oven roasted native turkey, chicken marsala, salmon with soy, brown sugar and caramelized onions; roast pork with pan gravy, ham with fruit sauce, and several varieties of potatoes. For dessert? Delight in some delicious chocolate fondue and a vast array of pies, cakes and other sweets.
• WHEN: 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 25
• WHERE: Kalahari Resort, 7000 Kalahari Dr., Sandusky
• COST: $25.99/adults (ages 13 and up), $12.99/kids 4-12, free for ages 3 and under
• INFO: 608-254-5466 ext. 4DINE
This already-huge buffet takes a great menu and expands it (we didn’t even know that was possible). You’ll find things like roasted turkey, slow roasted prime rib, brown sugar glazed smoked ham, mashed potatoes, candied yams, grilled salmon, pork loin, a fresh salad bar, an international cheese and sausage display, fresh fruit and berries and a “dessert extravaganza” that includes hot apple cobbler, a chocolate fountain and homemade pies. For the kids, there’s a menu of pint-sized favorites like macaroni and cheese, mini corn dogs and cheeseburgers, smiley fries and more. As if that weren’t enough, there are plenty of family-friendly activities going on, too: coloring contests, arts and crafts and games, to name a few.
Thanksgiving Day Buffet
• WHEN: 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 25
• WHERE: Quaker Steak & Lube, 5150 Liberty Ave., Vermilion
• COST: $18.99/adult, $16.99/senior, $11.99/tween (9-12), $5.99/child (8 and under)
• INFO: 440-967-3724
Enjoy holiday favorites like chef-carved turkey, roast beef, sweet potatoes, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, a salad bar and an assortment of desserts. Also, this buffet is certainly one of the more wallet-friendly options.
20th Annual Thanksgiving Feast
• WHEN: 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 25
• WHERE: Trinity United Methodist Church, 135 Adams St., Port Clinton
• INFO: 419-732-3161
Thanksgiving is, quite obviously, the time for giving thanks. The folks at Trinity United Methodist invite you to bring your family and friends, or even come alone to join in celebrating this important time of togetherness. Reservations are never required.