John Benson poses six questions to some of the biggest names in music. This week John talked to Demi Lovato, the singer-actress who is opening for the Jonas Brothers on Aug. 31 at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland.
Pop singer-actress Demi Lovato answers the Six Questions:
1. What are you listening to right now?
Some R&B stuff like Usher. A long time ago I saw his “Confessions” tour.
2. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would that be?
Kelly Clarkson because she’s my idol.
3. Name a cover song you've never done but would kind of like to try.
I’d totally love to do a country song like ‘American Honey’ by Lady Antebellum. I love singing it but it’s kind of risky for me being country. Not risky but different and to me that’s kind of nerve-wracking.
4. What was your first concert?
Santana. I was like 6 years old and I don’t remember much aside from standing next to a bald guy. And Santana rocked it.
5. What artists have you seen in concert that have influenced your current show?
I always loved Kelly Clarkson. I saw her in concert a couple of times and she was incredible. I love Paramore, I saw them a couple of times. Hayley Williams is super-talented, but I grew up watching totally random concerts.
6. Happy birthday! (Aug. 20 she turned 18). What’s the best birthday present you ever received?
This year I bought a house and that’s pretty awesome. I didn’t receive it but I purchased a house and that’s kind of the best thing I could ask for.
WHO: Demi Lovato opening for the Jonas Brothers
WHEN: 7 p.m. Aug. 31
WHERE: Quicken Loans Arena, One Center Court, Cleveland
TICKETS: $32 to $92
INFO: Call 888-894-9424 or visit theQarena.com