• Edward F. Lafer, 83, of the Ohio Veterans Home, Sandusky, and formerly of Port Clinton, died Monday evening, March 12, 2007, in Firelands Regional Medical Center, Main Campus, Sandusky. Arrangements will be announced by Pfeil Funeral Home, Sandusky Chapel, 617 Columbus Ave., Sandusky.
• James H. Ward Sr., 84, of Norwalk, died Tuesday, March 13, 2007, in Fisher-Titus Medical Center in Norwalk. Friends may call from 6 - 8 p.m. Thursday in Evans Funeral Home, 314 E. Main Street, Norwalk.
• Gregory M. Jacobs, 18, of Bellevue, died Tuesday, March 13, 2007, because of injuries sustained in a skiing accident. Arrangements will be announced by Foos & Son Funeral Home, Bellevue.
• Denis Veverka, 55, of Marblehead, died Monday, March 12, 2007, in his home, after a long battle with cancer. Services will be private with a memorial mass at a later date in St. Joseph Catholic Church, Marblehead.
• Constance E. “Connie” Sutton, 86, of Marblehead, died, Sunday, March 12, 2007, in Riverview Healthcare Campus, Oak Harbor. Visitation will be 11 a.m. -2 p.m. Monday in Walker Funeral Home (West of Corey Road), 5155 Sylvania Ave., Toledo.
• Donald L. Longacre, 81, of Leroy, N.Y., and formerly of Sandusky, died Feb. 27, 2007. Arrangements were handled by Cameron-Brady Funeral Home, Leroy.