I often caused a lot of consternation for my grade-school teachers because I asked a lot of questions. Now I find that a lot of the answers I got were wrong.
5:50 AM Mar 29, 2015

Crappies are one of the most popular and common pan fish in the U.S. and most reservoirs in Ohio have populations of them that many local fishermen target. They are often regulated with a daily bag limit coupled with a minimum legal size length to protect them from over harvest.

5:02 PM Mar 28, 2015

CLEVELAND

As something of a Space Jam aficionado, the pictures floating around twitter and instagram comparing the University of Kentucky players to the Monstars were not lost on me.

I don’t think you need me to tell you this, but these guys are good — like, really good.

12:01 AM Mar 28, 2015

UPDATE: Cedar Point is down by over 500 votes, keep voting!

We've had presidential candidate John McCain and President Obama visit downtown Sandusky's Washington Park. How about adding a former president's daughter to the list?

9:27 PM Mar 27, 2015

Daniel Immerwahr, a history professor at Northwestern University, has put together a web page that shows, year by year, the bestselling books of the 20th century. It's interesting to page through.

5:06 PM Mar 27, 2015

Saudis strike, crude spikes

4:00 PM Mar 27, 2015

Put a little spring in your step this spring with these local races.

Each year the list gets longer and longer for area residents to become area walkers and area walkers to become area runners. And this year is no different.

3:34 PM Mar 27, 2015

The following real estate transactions were the highest for the week ending March 23, in Erie, Huron and Ottawa counties, includes missing Erie County transaction from previous week:

12:00 PM Mar 27, 2015

Hello!

Well, another week has come and gone (next thing you know, it will be the end of June)!  Time is flying.

We are almost halfway through this challenge.

11:27 AM Mar 27, 2015

Potholes, potholes and more potholes.

That is the cry from our citizens who are griping and complaining about the sad condition of our streets. But that does not surprise me.

8:53 AM Mar 27, 2015

Ugly, Fat, Loser, No, Illness, Death, Stupid, Hate.

Now, what is your immediate response to reading those negative words?

3:33 PM Mar 26, 2015

Harold's story

WANTING TO WALK AWAY BUT UPSIDE DOWN

Harold called from out of state recently with a mortgage problem we hear with increasing frequency.

12:00 PM Mar 26, 2015

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." Muhammad Ali

Another week down and another week closer to my goals.

10:21 AM Mar 26, 2015

Editor's note: The following guest column was written by Sandusky city manager Eric Wobser:

Last week I had the opportunity to attend President Obama’s speech at The City Club of Cleveland.

5:39 PM Mar 25, 2015

Even though spring is here, it’s still cool enough outside for a good bowl of soup.

But this soup is light enough it could also work in warmer weather.

The biggest benefit of this recipe for me is it is extremely quick.

3:31 PM Mar 25, 2015