A fan at the Sugar Bowl game between Alabama and The Ohio State University was captured by TV cameras wearing a T-shirt that read “Ohio against the world.”

For Ohio State fans, it has seemed the world was indeed against their beloved Buckeyes all season.

8:00 PM Jan 11, 2015

widman@sanduskyregister.com

When it becomes "snow day season" in Ohio, the Register website often becomes flooded with harsh comments from critics.

Many older individuals insist today's children are just a bit too pampered.

7:00 PM Jan 11, 2015

By: Timothy J Malinich, Extension Educator

7:00 AM Jan 11, 2015

When I was a teenager, ice fishing poles were thin fiberglass rods attached to a wooden handle with a pair of short nails to wrap the line around.

Mechanical reels were not in common use, as the industry had not yet downsized a reel for this specific purpose.

12:17 PM Jan 10, 2015

So you won the FIT Challenge, now what?

Well, I’m not going to Disneyland, but I am going to Cedar Point.

I had a dream about it last night.

10:44 AM Jan 10, 2015
It must have been a good week, we are all thumbs up for Ohio drivers, Monroeville, and Port Clinton .

8:38 PM Jan 9, 2015
Mike Ramey and Greg Krumnow shared the spotlight in the annual Howard Anderson-Lyle Sarr 700 Club tournament last weekend at Star Lanes.
7:29 PM Jan 9, 2015

The Register is learning details about allegations of racism inside the Fremont Police Department involving at least two officers and a pattern of tolerating offensive language toward minorities.

5:00 PM Jan 9, 2015

The following real estate transactions were the highest for the week ending Jan. 4, in Erie, Huron and Ottawa counties.

Ottawa Co., Catawba Twp., 3975 N. Cliff Road, Michael S. Collins to Robert J. and Angelyn F. Dornauer, $1,250,000.

1:01 PM Jan 9, 2015

So, this is my first blog.

I'm really excited for the FIT Challenge.

I met the other FIT challengers and I will definitely have my work cut out for me.

This group should produce great results this season.  Good luck to all of us!

11:44 AM Jan 9, 2015

Every year, millions of people, possibly even you, choose a list of resolutions for the next year.

3:29 PM Jan 8, 2015

Erie County Dog Warden Barb Knapp was our guest for the Sandusky Register's public affairs program, "Between the Lines," on Thursday.

3:19 PM Jan 8, 2015

A journey into the often-unrealized portions of life

3:00 PM Jan 8, 2015

When it comes to our bodies, physically speaking, unfortunately it seems to be only when we lose our health that we become more concerned about our personal lifestyle and what might have got us in this predicament.  Ironically, it seems to be same thing when it comes to our natural world we live

11:51 AM Jan 8, 2015

“I like criticism, it makes you strong.”

- LeBron James

As I sit here trying to figure out the words and the direction I want my first essay to go, I felt it was necessary to continue the quotes that my predecessor started before each of her essays.

11:42 AM Jan 8, 2015
The Simpsons' story

We never cease to be amazed what the power of the federal government mortgage relief program, HAMP, can bring to the table for qualifying families who are struggling to save their homes from foreclosure.

11:00 AM Jan 8, 2015