Everyone seems to be talking about the weather. Well, you won’t hear it from me. Why do people seem to be shocked by the cold and snow? It’s January. In Ohio. What did you expect? We got a break with a mild autumn, but sooner or later this was bound to happen. Relax and enjoy it.

6:00 AM Jan 14, 2015

Last Friday, when Andy Ouriel of the Sandusky Register reported that Erie County Commissioner Bill Monaghan had told the Register he wouldn't answer any more questions from a Register reporter, it made me wonder if it was because Commissioner Monaghan was afraid the reporter might expose him to t

5:00 PM Jan 13, 2015

I had the privilege of meeting my new FIT contestant Chelsey Rennard a little more than one week ago.

She seems very driven and has showed up at all our workout sessions on time and ready to go.

3:57 PM Jan 13, 2015

There are several activities for kids this winter in Sandusky, you just have to know where to find them. Cheerleading and baseball camps have been set for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

12:29 PM Jan 13, 2015
The Sandusky USBC's oldest league has produced some outstanding performances at Star Lanes this season, and that includes a night in which one bowler shot a 300 game on the way to an 820 series while his opponent that night matched the perfect game.
10:33 PM Jan 12, 2015

Last week, when I was working at home, I got a phone call from a guy in Virginia who claimed to be with the IRS.

4:52 PM Jan 12, 2015

Unfortunately, this week the FIT Challenge was not my first priority; something much more important was ... family.

My fiance's grandfather fell ill earlier this past week and passed away early Sunday morning.

12:12 PM Jan 12, 2015

topey@sanduskyregister.com

Every day the readers of the Sandusky Register check in to read about the news happening in their community.

10:10 AM Jan 12, 2015

A fan at the Sugar Bowl game between Alabama and The Ohio State University was captured by TV cameras wearing a T-shirt that read “Ohio against the world.”

For Ohio State fans, it has seemed the world was indeed against their beloved Buckeyes all season.

8:00 PM Jan 11, 2015

widman@sanduskyregister.com

When it becomes "snow day season" in Ohio, the Register website often becomes flooded with harsh comments from critics.

Many older individuals insist today's children are just a bit too pampered.

7:00 PM Jan 11, 2015

By: Timothy J Malinich, Extension Educator

7:00 AM Jan 11, 2015

When I was a teenager, ice fishing poles were thin fiberglass rods attached to a wooden handle with a pair of short nails to wrap the line around.

Mechanical reels were not in common use, as the industry had not yet downsized a reel for this specific purpose.

12:17 PM Jan 10, 2015

So you won the FIT Challenge, now what?

Well, I’m not going to Disneyland, but I am going to Cedar Point.

I had a dream about it last night.

10:44 AM Jan 10, 2015
It must have been a good week, we are all thumbs up for Ohio drivers, Monroeville, and Port Clinton .

8:38 PM Jan 9, 2015
Mike Ramey and Greg Krumnow shared the spotlight in the annual Howard Anderson-Lyle Sarr 700 Club tournament last weekend at Star Lanes.
7:29 PM Jan 9, 2015

The Register is learning details about allegations of racism inside the Fremont Police Department involving at least two officers and a pattern of tolerating offensive language toward minorities.

5:00 PM Jan 9, 2015