As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, the annual photo contest will be going digital this year. In years past we have had a display at the Stars & Stripes Festival in downtown Sandusky.
As of today, you can start sending in submissions to the various category e-mail addresses. Entries are limited to two entries per person per category. A listing of the rules and guidelines can be found below. The deadline for online submissions will be Sunday, June 3. That gives you three weeks to get your photos taken and submitted. If you already have photos, then you have won half the battle.
Voting for the winners will be done by all of you at sanduskyregister.com and will open on Sunday, June 10 at midnight.
Good luck to all of you and I look forward to your entries.
Fourth of July Photography Contest Rules and Guidelines
• 1. The Fourth of July Photography Show is open to amateur photographers only. An amateur photographer is defined as anyone who does not make more than one-half his or her yearly salary from taking and selling photographs.
• 2. The contest consists of 5 categories: People, Places, Nature, National Pride and Sandusky-Area Parks.
• 3. All categories will be voted on at sanduskyregister.com. Best of show will be the photo that receives the most votes overall. First-, second- and third-place winners in each category will be published in the July 8 Showcase section of the Sandusky Register.
• 4. Photographs entered in previous Fourth of July contests are not eligible.
• 5. Images must be between 4x6 inches and 8x10 inches and no more than 300 dpi and emailed to the corresponding categories.
PEOPLE — email@example.com
PLACES — firstname.lastname@example.org
NATURE — email@example.com
NATIONAL PRIDE — firstname.lastname@example.org
SANDUSKY-AREA PARKS — email@example.com
• 6. Entries are limited to two images per person per category, 10 total.
• 7. Each image must have proper information included in the email. (See below.)
• 8. The time period for photos to be emailed is today through June 3.
• 9. The first round of voting starts June 10 and ends June 20. The top 10 vote-getters will continue to a
second round of voting starting June 24, continuing through July 4. Winners will be announced on July 4
Information to include with photos in text of e-mail ...
For any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org