As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, the annual photo contest will be going digital this year. As of today, you can start sending in submissions to the various category e-mail addresses. Entries are limited to two entries per person per category. A listing of the rules and guidelines can be found below. The deadline for online submissions will be Sunday, June 3 at 11:59 p.m. That gives you three weeks to get your photos taken and submitted. If you already have photos, then you have won half the battle.
Voting for the winners will be done by all of you at sanduskyregister.com and will open on Sunday, June 10 at midnight.
1. The 4th of July Photography Show is open to amateur photographers only.
An amateur photographer is defined as anyone who does not make more
than one-half his/her yearly salary from taking and selling photographs.
2. The contest consists of 5 categories: “PEOPLE, PLACES, NATURE,
NATIONAL PRIDE” and SANDUSKY-AREA PARKS.
3. All categories will be voted on at sanduskyregister.com. Best of Show will be the photo that receives the most votes overall. First, second and third place winners in each category will be published in the July 8 Sunday Showcase in the Sandusky Register.
4. Photographs entered in previous Fourth of July contests are not eligible.
5. Images must be between 4x6 in and 8x10 in and no more than 300 dpi and emailed to the corresponding categories.
PEOPLE — firstname.lastname@example.org
PLACES — email@example.com
NATURE — firstname.lastname@example.org
NATIONAL PRIDE — email@example.com
SANDUSKY-AREA PARKS — firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Entries are limited to two images per person per category, ten total.
7. Each image must have proper information included in the email. (See below)
8. Images can be e-mailed between Sunday, May 13 and 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 3
9. The first round of voting will start on Sunday, June 10 and end at 11:59 on Wednesday, June 20. The top ten vote getters will continue to a second round of voting starting on Sunday, June 24 continuing through Wednesday, July 4 at midnight. Winners will be announced on July 4 at sanduskyregister.com.
10. First, second and third place winners in each category will be published in the July 8 Sunday Showcase in the Sandusky Register.
Information to include with photos in text of e-mail...
For any questions, email email@example.com