This week on the Ohio's Yesterdays blog, a look at the life of a South Bass Island resident, John "Jack" Day Jr., who moved to the island in 1887 when he was 20.
"Jack came with his father to South Bass Island to work on the new town hall. When the hall was finished, Jack stayed on to manage a restaurant and later the Oak Point House. He helped with the construction of the Victory Hotel and leased the Gibbons property before moving to Ballast Island. There, for seven years, Day managed a club."
For more on his life and return to South Bass, click HERE.