Today, the Sandusky History blog recalls a fine cigar and tobacco store operated by a German immigrant on Market Street in the 1880s.
"After working briefly as a blacksmith, Mr. Riedy went on to work in the cigar business in Sandusky for thirty years. The 1880 Sandusky City Directory listed F.A. Riedy as employee of Diehl and Riedy, a cigar manufacturer located at 1025 Market Street; by 1886, he was sole proprieter of this business. He also sold cigars, pipes, and tobacco at his store."
Keep reading and find more pictures HERE.