Updates from local authorities on storm damage:
- The National Weather Service has spotters in Bellevue, Greenwich, Fremont and Clyde to survey the extent of the damage. They're working to determine if a tornado touched down.
- Flash flood warnings remained in effect for some low-lying areas along rivers and creeks.
-Roads in Milan Township are flooding and tree limbs are down. Authorities are advising people avoid the area.
-Franklin Flats near the Huron River is also flooding. Residents are advised to move their vehicles and leave the area if possible.
-Other road closings: Patten Tract Road south of Strecker Road; Lovers Lane in Erie County; River Road south of Mason Road; Kelly Road between Mason Road and Brian Road.
- Ohio 113 is flooded in areas between Ohio 99 and US 250. Avoid this area.
- Avoid the area of Hoover and Mason roads.
-There are unconfirmed reports of a tornado hitting the Bellevue area. Dispatchers said the city is basically shut down — there is no power downtown, there are multiple trees down, barns flattened and flooding in various areas. So far, there have been no reports of injuries or deaths in Bellevue. State transportation workers are arriving to help detour traffic around the city.
- The power is out in much of Clyde as well.
- Fremont residents experienced serious wind and rain damage, with power lines down and trees in the streets.
- Huron County officials said the 911 line is extremely busy, and they are asking people to only call 911 for threatening emergencies. There are multiple roads flooded and many power lines down as well. Many of the roads throughout Huron County are closed.
- Authorities in Erie and Huron counties are asking people to say off the roads when possible, and only travel if it's a necessity.
- There is flooding in the Valley View Drive area, and also South Shore Court.
- There is similar weather-related damage and problems in Ottawa County, including power lines down.
From area fire departments (as of 5:10 p.m.):
Green Springs: All manner of problems, including trees down, trees blocking roads in many areas. Paramedics said they transported three people as a result of injuries.
Fremont: Trees down and limbs down, power lines down in various areas.
Groton Township: Some hail, a lot of rain. A few trees down, branches down, some flooding. No reports of injuries.
Huron: Zero weather-related calls.
Margaretta Township: Wires down in the 4200 block of Bardshar, a few houses lost power. No major damage.
Milan Township: A lot of wires down, power outages. Sheriff's office reported flooded roads throughout Milan Township. Motorists should avoid this area.
Perkins Township: No power out, no wires down.
Sandusky: Various issues, including traffic lights out in some areas. Parts of the city experienced power outages.