Discarded cigarette causes small fire

Port Clinton firefighters were dispatched at about 6 a.m. Tuesday to an apartment in the 600 block of W. Sixth St., arriving to find a small fire on a deck
Sandusky Register Staff
Apr 25, 2014

Most cigarette warnings are to protect one’s health, not one’s home.

A Port Clinton man found his habit could destroy both, as a discarded cigarette burned off a portion of his deck, Port Clinton fire Chief Kent Johnson said.

Port Clinton firefighters were dispatched at about 6 a.m. Tuesday to an apartment in the 600 block of W. Sixth St., arriving to find a small fire on a deck.

“It was minor, nothing too extravagant” Johnson said.

Firefighters extinguished the flames in less than 10 minutes.

Comments

holysee

Butthead

Justwow

That could have been an expensive butt flick

GoBigLex2001

Smokers are some of the most inconsiderate people ever.