A computer programmer from Tri-Rivers Educational Computer Association, a computer support group commonly abbreviated “TRECA,” will visit Perkins Schools next week to assist Crescimano at no cost to the district, she said.
The process of determining fee balances, as Crescimano explained:
• All fees are recorded in a district computer system containing student records. Each student has an individual account.
• If students paid to participate in a sport or activity this fall, any extra money will offset any unpaid fees on their account, either past or present. A computer code automatically completes this process.
• If all outstanding fees are paid and students still have extra money in their accounts, the money will be returned to eachstudent’s parent as a mailed check. Parents will also receive a copy of their student’s account balance, to confirm amounts paid.
• If students have not paid all their outstanding fees or do not have any extra money in their accounts, their parents will just receive the mailed copy of their account balance.
Every student’s letter will be mailed at the same time, Crescimano said. The district hopes to complete all calculations by the end of the month.
“I commend the parents and students for being very understanding and patient during this transition,” Crescimano said in an email Tuesday.
The district recently posted a message on its website updating parents on the issue.
“The process of making the corrections to the student records, along with contact the student’s family of the corrections... is taking longer than we expected,” the message states. “We appreciate your patience and hope to have the situation resolved by the end of December”
The next Perkins school board meeting is 6 p.m. Dec. 18 in Room 805 at Perkins High School.
• Reduced pay-to-participate fees approved Nov. 19:
• High school athletics: $365
• High school clubs: $50
• High school band or choir: $110
• Middle school athletics: $92
• Middle school clubs: $50
• High school dual enrollment classes: $150
Source: Perkins Schools