Firefighters extinguish stove fire

Perkins firefighters extinguished a stove fire Thursday in the 6200 block of Zachary Lane after a woman’s repeated attempts to douse it with a fire extinguisher failed.
Sandusky Register Staff
Jan 4, 2014

 

The Perkins Fire Department received a call at about 5:20 p.m. from the woman, who by then was outside in the snow but unharmed.

Police and firefighters responded to the scene and snuffed out the blaze, according to a Perkins police report.

The stove was covered in white powder from a fire extinguisher, but the fire still burned.

While some firefighters handled the fire, others tended to the victim to ensure she kept warm during the cold weather, the report said.