Fire sparks health investigation

An elderly woman and her daughter were ousted from their Elmore trailer after a water main break sparked an electrical fire Tuesday, according to a Sandusky County deputy’s report.
Sandusky Register Staff
Jan 11, 2014

 

County officials arranged for the 96-year-old woman to be medically evaluated at the hospital, then made arrangements for her and her 66-year-old daughter to stay at a local hotel for the night, Sandusky County health commissioner David Pollick said.

Deputies and fire officials suspected there were several health code issues in the home, but when Pollick sent out an investigator Thursday, there were no violations found.

“I think when the water comes back on, they’ll be OK,” he said. No one was injured in the fire.