The Firelands Chapter, American Red Cross, 2013 Volunteer Recognition was Sept. 17 aboard the Goodtime I.
Awards were presented to fire Chief Paul Ricci the Good Neighbor Award for Erie County for outstanding collaboration with the Chapter.
Other awards were given as follows: Pepperidge Farm (Willard), Good Neighbor Award, Huron County; Ed McClendon (Norwalk), Clara Barton Award/Huron County; Kathy Muldoon (Vermilion), Clara Barton Award/ Erie County; Bob Doerner (Milan), Special Citation for Exceptional Volunteer Service to Huron County; Patricia Prast (Huron), Special Citation for Exceptional Volunteer Service, Erie County.
The Blood Service Award went to Wendy Kaufman (Huron). Eilene Guy (Sandusky) received her 25-year service pin.
Kosta joins New Transitions Counseling
Seneca, Sandusky, Wyandot and Hancock counties welcome Joanne Kosta, RN, PC, LCDC III to New Transitions Counseling agency in Tiffin.
Kosta comes to New Transitions Counseling with more than 30 years of experience in the helping professions as a nurse, community advocate/ volunteer, and now as a counselor. She has a BS degree in nursing from the College of Mount St. Joseph, an MS degree in nursing from Lourdes University and a MA degree in mental health counseling from BGSU.
Kosta’s areas of expertise include relationship and parenting issues, depression & anxiety, caregiver burnout, stress-related illness, anger management, and substance abuse/family recovery.
“We are excited to have Joanne,” said Kara Windsor, owner of New Transitions. “She is bringing a fresh perspective combined with years of experience working with people.”
Citizens Banking Co. expands mortgage division
James O. Miller, chairman, president and CEO of The Citizens Banking Co., announced the expansion of the bank’s mortgage division in Central Ohio.
“The team, led by Jarvis B. Woodson III, senior vice president of mortgage lending, is located in the Champaign Bank Dublin office and comes to us from the former Farmers Citizens Bank Mortgage Division in Dublin,” Miller said.
Joining Woodson are mortgage managers Shaundrew Banks, Todd Leibold and Jeffrey Perkins. Eric Garman also joins the bank’s mortgage underwriting group. Russ Camfield continues in his role as a consumer mortgage lender.
• Woodson has more than 25 years experience in residential lending. He and his wife, Jennifer, reside in Dublin, Ohio, and have three children.
• Shaundrew Banks has worked in the mortgage business for 15 years. He resides in Blacklick, Ohio.
• A graduate of The Ohio State University, Jeffrey Perkins has a bachelor of science in Economics and lives in Columbus. He has been in the finance and mortgage business for nine years.
• Todd Leibold, a resident of Powell, Ohio, also has nine years experience in lending. He is a graduate of The Ohio State University majoring in psychology. He is a member of the Dublin Area Realty Association, Westerville Area Realty Association and the Northwest Area Realty Association.
• Eric Garman brings more than 20 years experience in consumer and mortgage lending to the underwriting group. He graduated with a bachelor of science deegree in mathematics from Rio Grande College and resides in Ashville, Ohio.
Linda Armstrong earns Pinnacle of Performance Award
Linda Armstrong, with RE/MAX Quality Realty, earned the President’s Club Pinnacle of Performance Award from the Ohio Association of Realtors.
This prestigious award is the highest award presented by the OAR and was given to fewer than 200 out of more than 26,000 realtors in Ohio. She was recognized at OAR’s Annual convention in September and recently at the local Firelands Association of Realtors.
Linda has been working in the real estate industry for more than 28 years, has extensive experience and recently completed the course work for her 6th Expert. Her other professional designations are Certified Residential Specialist, Accredited Buyer’s Representative, Certified Distressed Property Expert, Resort & Second Home Property Specialist and Senior Real Estate Specialist.