• First Baptist Church, 211 E. Monroe St., Sandusky, will host an Open House from 6-9 p.m. The event will display and explain the origin of more than 35 Christmas traditions. There will be stations for viewing, including a manger scene displayed in the crawl space of the church. The Sandus-Keynotes and SHS Hand Bell Choir will perform at 7 p.m. Cookies and punch will be served. Admission is free.
• Christ Lutheran Church will host a free community meal from 4-6 p.m. at Salem United Methodist Church, Wayne and Division streets, Sandusky. Use the side entrance.
• Milan Friends Church, 2018 Mason Road (Mason Road and Ohio 13), will sponsor a Cookie Walk from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. today. Proceeds will go to the work of the Ladies Missionary Society. Fill your holiday baked goods need at Milan Friends Church. For information call 419-359-1058 or 419-625-2195.
• The youth of Zion Lutheran Church, Sandusky will be hosting a Christmas cookie walk after the 6 p.m. worship service today and after the 10:30 worship service Sunday.
• The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship will host a holiday service/potluck at 5:30 p.m. at the Sandusky Sailing Club in Battery Park Marina. For information, call 419-626-8233. There will be no morning meeting.
• Sandusky Baptist Temple, 3706 Milan Road, Sandusky, will host the New Life Trio at 6 p.m. Toby Siler is lead singer and acts as group manager. In 1994, along with several members of his local church, Toby started New Life. Originally an all male quartet, in 1999 it became a mixed trio. Toby is the remaining original member. In 1999, Toby's wife, Christi, filled the alto position and has been there ever since. Justin Hill sings baritone and plays piano for New Life.
• The Chancel Choir of First Presbyterian Church, Huron, will be joined by the Adult Handbell Choir, the Brass Ensemble, Strings Duo, and other instrumentalists for a 10:45 a.m. "Worship Through Music" service in the church's sanctuary on Williams Street. A variety of choral and instrumental music and congregational singing will celebrate the Advent and Christmas season in this special service. A fellowship time will follow. The public is welcome.
• Zion Lutheran Church, 503 Columbus Ave., Sandusky, will present the children's Christmas program, "Live from Bethlehem" at 6:15 p.m. Hear the Christmas story as reported on by first century, on-the-scene reporters and join the singing of favorite Christmas carols.
• Agape Love Ministries, 5412 Schenk Road, Sandusky, will host a prayer conference from 10:30 a.m-5 p.m. Dec. 17 and at 7 p.m. Dec. 18 and 19. Guest speaker will be Bishop Clifton Jones of Philadelphia, Miss., along with Bishop Clifton Jones of Agape.
• Seybert United Methodist Church, 442 W. Main St., Bellevue, will be featuring their Children's Christmas
Program at the 10:45 a.m. worship.
• The choir of St. Stephens UCC, 905 E. Perkins Ave., Sandusky, will present a Christmas Cantata, "Heavens Child," during 10:15 .am. worship. The Board of Christian Education will serve Christmas breakfast for Sunday school students at 8:30 a.m. followed by Sunday school at 9 a.m. Bell practice is at 11:30 a.m. Antioch worship and the Confirmation class will meet at 6 p.m.
• First Faith Community Church, Hancock and Jefferson streets, Sandusky, will welcome their new minister, Pastor Eric Rickel, at a reception following 10 a.m. service.
• All are welcome to Calvary Temple's Children's Christmas program at 10:30 am. It is the exciting conclusion of a 5-week "Bethlehem Village: Where Our Savior Is Born" series, where children discovered the gift of Jesus in a different and unique way. The church is at Columbus Avenue and Washington Row, Downtown Sandusky. Nursery care provided. For information go to www.calvarytemplesandusky.com.
• Sts. Peter & Paul Parish BeFriender Ministry will sponsor Tinsel Tears, Getting through the holidays after Loss at 7 p.m. in the Gathering Space of the church. This will give bereaved persons time to gather and share thoughts, feelings, and ideas about getting through this holiday season as painlessly as possible. Register by calling Tom Leber at Sts. Peter Paul Parish 419-625-6655.
• The HUMC Women of Faith will host a Christmas Brunch from 9:30-11 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall of Huron United Methodist Church, 338 Williams St., Huron. All women of the community are invited and will enjoy a yummy brunch, warm fellowship and a musical gift/devotion from Suzy Sanders. Baby-sitting will be provided. Call 419-433-3984 with questions or to make a reservation.
• Zion Lutheran Church, 503 Columbus Ave.., Sandusky, will host its final Evening of Advent Meditation at 6:30 p.m. Take a break each Tuesday during Advent to reflect on the coming birth of Jesus. This worship opportunity will be a time of prayer and meditation; a time away from the busyness of the world, a time set aside to center yourself this Advent season.
• The Tuesday-Thursday St. Stephens UCC Kiddie College students, 905 E. Perkins Ave., Sandusky, St. Stephen will present their Christmas pageant for parents and grandparents.
• Northcoast Community Church, 2580 Columbus Ave., Sandusky, will host a group life coaching experience, "Life Journey," every Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. This weeks topic is "Living an Emotionally Healthy Life". Student and children's ministries are available. The sessions are facilitated by CTA certified life coach, Pastor Jeff Wittmer. Fusion Youth and child care are available. Call 419-627-8017 or go to www.northcoastcommunity.org or www.burningbushsite.com.
• Wednesday FaithWeaver Friends of St. Stephens UCC, 905 E. Perkins Ave., Sandusky, meets at 4:15 p.m. for a Christmas supper and Christmas story. Cherub Choir practice is at 5:45 p.m.; Junior Bell Choir is at 6:15 p.m. and Adult Choir is at 7 p.m. The Hospitality Teams meets at 6:15 p.m.
• The Men's Study Group, The Fellowship of the Carpenter of St. Stephens UCC, 905 E. Perkins Ave., Sandusky, will meet for breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Stephen Ministers will meet at 7 p.m.
• Christian Singles Fellowship will meet at 6:30 p.m. at Karson Slisher's Home, 1401 Berlin Road, Huron, for a Christmas party. Ham and cheesy potatoes provided. Bring a covered dish, dessert or Christmas cookies to share For information, call Karson at 419433-0085.
• The Cherub Choir and Zion Flutes of Zion Lutheran Church, 503 Columbus Ave., Sandusky, will present their Christmas program Friday at 7 p.m. in the sanctuary. The public is welcome.
• Venice Road Baptist Church, 3814 Venice Road, Sandusky, will host a Hatfield-Halbisen Christmas Homecoming from 6-8 p.m. Local singers and groups will be Pastor Hatfield, Donna Sue Halbisen, Paula Barron, Joyful Noise, Anna Lewis, Jimmy Potridge Heather Chapman, Bethany Barton, Dee Lawrence, Treasa Gantz, John Knoftz and Bob Smith. For information, call 419-621-8590 or 419-621-0400.
• St. Tikhon's Orthodox Church, 511 W. Perkins Ave., Sandusky, will celebrate Divine Liturgy at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 23. Celebrant will be the Rev. Ilia Marzev. St. Tikhon's is a mission parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia and welcomes Orthodox Christians of all traditions. Refreshments will follow the worship. Entry and parking are in the back of the building. For information call 440-743-0609 or 419-626-2486 or e-mail to sttikhonoc.com.
• First Christian Church, 3410 Hayes Ave., Sandusky, will host a Christmas Eve service at 6 p.m. All are welcome.
Community is Invited
• Christ Episcopal Church, 120 Ohio St., Huron, will host at 9 a.m. a communion service and a play presented by the
Sunday School youth. At 6:30 p.m. the Puppet Ministry will present its Christmas special, under the direction of Barbara Steinmetz. Caroling and organ music will begin at 10:30 p.m., continuing until the 11 p.m. communion service that will take the congregation to Jesus' birthday.
• St. Stephens UCC, 905 E. Perkins Ave., Sandusky, will host worship service at 8 and 10:15 a.m. The Christmas Eve Candle Light Communion service is at 7 and 10 p.m.
• Lakeshore Community Church, 539 Cleveland Road W., in the Huron Plaza, has a new pastor, Matthew Brenton. He invites the community to a Christmas Eve Service at 6:00 p.m. All are welcome.
• The Chapel, 4444 Galloway Road, Sandusky, will have no services Dec. 23 and 25. Services Dec. 24 will be 9 and 11 a.m. and 4 and 6 p.m. There will be a service at 5 p.m. Dec. 30 and at 9 and 11 a.m. Dec. 31.
• Oak Harbor United Methodist Church, 360 E. Ottawa St., will be host Christmas Eve Services with Communion at 11 p.m.