At least four serious car crashes occurred within a 12-hour span on Saturday in Perkins Township.
Shortly after each crash occurred, information on them was limited. The Register, however, followed up on each crash late Saturday and throughout Sunday.
Here's what has been confirmed thus far:
Crash 1: 11 a.m. on Milan Road and East Perkins Avenue near Pat Catan's
• What happened: Perkins police Officer Martin Curran said a car, from the area near Pat Catan's, turned out of the parking lot heading north on Milan Road (U.S. 250). The car then struck another car also heading north. No injuries reported.
Crash 2: 12:50 p.m. on Bogart Road and Columbus Avenue
• What happened: Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper John McGlashan of the Sandusky post said a Bogart Road resident driving a van experienced a seizure as he approached the Columbus Avenue intersection.
The driver ended up going off the road, traveling through two yards, and only came to a stop after striking a mailbox and some other shrubbery. The driver somehow managed to avoid all other vehicles.
"They are lucky boys," McGlashan said.
Crash 3: 5:35 p.m. on East Perkins Avenue by Rally's
• What happened: A Perkins police report indicates three vehicles were involved in a crash. It appears, from a related diagram, the three cars traveled in a line. The car furthest back ended up colliding into the car traveling in the middle of the three. This caused a chain reaction. No injuries reported.
Crash 4: 10:50 p.m. on Milan Road by Applebee's
• What happened: A multi-car crash happened at this dangerous intersection, triggered by one car running a red light. Four people were taken to the hospital for minor injuries, according to Perkins police Sgt. Mark Kusser.
Several other smaller crashes happened around the township on Saturday, including around:
• 12:30 p.m. — within 2500 block of Ohio 4, two cars crashed into one another. No injuries reported.
• 12:40 p.m. — on Milan Road by East Perkins Avenue, while driving, a man's dog jumped from the back seat into the front, causing the man's foot to slip off the brakes. His vehicle then rolled into a car in front of him. No injuries reported.
• 4:20 p.m. — on Milan Road near Walmart, one driver slammed his or her car into another moving car. No injuries reported.