They also must be left beside the curb before the first scheduled pickup day in their particular zone.
If leaves are raked ahead of the designated scheduled pickup, they can be placed near the street and then raked to the curb or shoulder a day before the first scheduled pickup day.
No brush or other yard waste, such as tree limbs, can be placed with the leaves.
Residents who participate in the city’s weekly yard waste collection program must keep leaves and yard waste separate.
You may bag your leaves, but they must be placed in paper bags only and left at the curb for pickup. Vehicles should be parked off the street when leaf collection is scheduled to occur in your zone.
Here’s a schedule of leaf pickup: (Zones pictured above right)
• Zone 1: Oct. 31, Nov. 1, 4-6, 27; Dec. 2-5
• Zone 2: Nov. 6-8, 12-13; Dec. 5-6, 9-11
• Zone 3: Nov. 13-15, 18; Dec. 11-13, 16
• Zone 4: Nov. 18-22; Dec. 16-20
• Zone 5: Oct. 28-31; Nov. 25-27