The Bassmaster Northern Open has been postponed from Friday to Saturday morning in Sandusky. When fishing is completed tomorrow, the final weigh-in will take place at the Shelby Street Boat Ramp. The final weigh-in was originally scheduled to take place in Rossford.
The city of Sandusky is still looking for volunteers to help at the tournament tomorrow from 2:30 to 6 p.m. as it is a great way to promote our area. Anyone interested in volunteering can contact Victoria Kurt at 419.627.5886.
The following alerts are for the Sandusky area from Accuweather.com...
RIP CURRENT RISK IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM EDT THIS MORNING THROUGH THIS EVENING...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A RIP CURRENT RISK...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM EDT THIS MORNING THROUGH THIS EVENING.
* LOCATION...FROM MAUMEE BAY TO RIPLEY NEW YORK
* RIP CURRENT RISK...HIGH RISK
* SURF HEIGHT...WAVES OF 5 TO 7 FEET THIS MORNING WILL DECREASE TO 4 TO 6 FEET THIS AFTERNOON.
* OTHER HAZARDS...THERE WILL ALSO BE A CHANCE OF WATERSPOUTS TODAY...MAINLY EAST OF VERMILION.
A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EDT SATURDAY.
* WINDS AND WAVES: NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS OF 15 TO 25 KNOTS WILL DECREASE TONIGHT. WAVES OF 4 TO 7 FEET WILL DECREASE TO 4 TO 6 FEET BY THIS EVENING AND 2 TO 4 FEET BY SATURDAY MORNING. THE HIGH WIND AND WAVE CONDITIONS WILL ALSO CAUSE A HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS. THERE IS ALSO A CHANCE OF WATERSPOUTS...MAINLY EAST OF VERMILION.
INEXPERIENCED MARINERS... ESPECIALLY THOSE OPERATING SMALLER VESSELS...SHOULD STAY.