Cigarette likely caused Sandusky house fire

Firefighters quick to snuff flames at Huron Avenue home
Sandusky Register Staff
Sep 5, 2013

 

Sandusky firefighters suspect a smoldering cigarette on a second-floor wood porch likely caused a fire at home in the 300 block of Huron Ave. Wednesday night.

Crews arrived at the scene at about 10:30 p.m. to find a back portion of the home on fire. They knocked down the flames in minutes. 

A woman who lives in the home said her friend smelled smoke and went upstairs, finding the second-floor landing and the side of the house on fire.

Damage appeared minimal.  

Comments

Cowboy

Damn cigarettes! They are always lighting themselves and causing fires! I say we lock up the cigarette and throw away the key!