Sandusky city commissioners are poised to take action on several important matters at today's 5 p.m. meeting at City Hall, located at 222 Meigs St.
Among the issues set for a vote:
• A three-year police union contract in which the deal calls for all officers receiving a 1.5 percent raise each year for the next three years.
• A $26,000 expense for preliminary work related to tearing down the Keller Building on Shoreline Drive.
• A $22,000 expense for police officers to take physicals overseen by Firelands Regional Medical Center professionals.
• A $10,000 expense for 16 bulletproof vests.
• An application in which city officials will apply for funds to ensure Sandusky Transit's Sandusky-Perkins Ride Area Connection (SPARC) system sticks around.
Any person can attend and speak at the meeting during the audience participation portions, occurring both before and after commissioners vote on these issues at more.