Cardboard box on stove causes Castalia fire

Margaretta Township firefighters were called out to Bar 101 Pizza Barn just after 7:30 Sunday evening when several boxes caught fire.
Melissa Topey
Jan 7, 2013

Employees of Bar 101 used a fire extinguisher to quickly put out the fire before it spread. As a result there was some smoke damage through out the building, but no fire damage, said Capt. Dan Strayer.

There were two customers and two employees inside the business at the time of the fire. No one was injured.

Strayer said the fire started after an employee put an empty cardboard box from a recently purchased television on the stove.

A burner on the stove caught the cardboard on fire and ignited about six nearby pizza boxes.

Comments

Dwight K.

Well there's your problem