Downtown parking fee charged for the sake of beauty

SANDUSKY The State Theatre and the Main Street Association hope to use Ohio Bike Week to beautify th
Sandusky Register Staff
May 24, 2010

SANDUSKY

The State Theatre and the Main Street Association hope to use Ohio Bike Week to beautify the city.

For the first time in the event’s history, the two organizations are charging $5 per vehicle at the Jackson Street parking lot, and 40 percent of the money will go toward purchasing new trash cans and flower planters downtown. The other 60 percent will go toward the theater’s youth summer workshops.