JUST IN: Cause of Columbus Avenue apartment fire determined

SANDUSKY Fire officials have determined that a discarded cigarette caused the Oct. 18 fire at the Er
Sandusky Register Staff
May 24, 2010

 

SANDUSKY

Fire officials have determined that a discarded cigarette caused the Oct. 18 fire at the Erie Apartments on Columbus Avenue.

The blaze was unintentional, said Rudy Ruiz, fire safety inspector for Sandusky Fire Department.

After the fire, 18 residents were left without a place to call home and an 11-month-old baby girl was taken to a Cincinnati burn hospital with third degree burns.

Read the complete story in Tuesday's Register or in our online newspaper.