WEB UPDATE: Fire department determines cause of Margaritaville blaze

SANDUSKY Sandusky Fire Department officials determined an electrical panel was the cause of an early
Sandusky Register Staff
May 24, 2010

SANDUSKY

Sandusky Fire Department officials determined an electrical panel was the cause of an early morning blaze at Margaritaville bar and restaurant at 212 Fremont Ave.

It took fire fighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze in the main building of the restaurant and Fire Chief Mike Meinzer said preliminary estimates of damages are between $250,000 and $300,000.

The most recent appraisal of the entire property by the Erie County Auditor for taxation purposes estimated its value for land and improvements at $192,700.