Fitness instructor Mandi King and the Bellevue Hospital are teaming up to offer a variety of fitness classes at the Bellevue Recreation Center, 800 Monroe St.
In addition to her "Friends for Fitness" and "Senior Friends for Fitness" aerobics classes, King has added kickboxing, strength training, and cardio challenge classes to the fitness lineup.
"My goal is to expand these classes to include more variety for the participants so they are challenged physically and realize more of a change in their fitness levels," King said. "All classes are open to the public -- men, women and children."
King is a certified health educator, personal trainer and group fitness instructor. She has been teaching fitness classes for the past six years. Joining King is certified cardio and strength specialist Irene Gonzales-Miller, who will lead the cardio challenge classes. The class lineup will include:
* FRIENDS FOR FITNESS: Regular aerobic classes are 4:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 8:15-9:15 a.m. Saturdays.
* SENIOR FRIENDS FOR FITNESS: Senior Friends for Fitness Classes, suited for those ages 55 and older, are 9:30-10:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. These classes feature a warm-up period, low-impact aerobics, stretching, and a cool-down period.
* CARDIO CHALLENGE: A "boot camp-style" athletic conditioning class featuring higher impact exercises, such as push-ups, mountain climbing-style moves and jumping. This class meets 4:30-5:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
* STRENGTH TRAINING: This class will use weights and resistance bands for strength and stretching training. This class will meet 6-7 p.m. Mondays.
* KICKBOXING: A cardio kickboxing class featuring punches, kicks, strength training and cardio moves. This class meets 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 9:30-10:30 a.m. Saturdays.
Participants for any of these classes are encouraged to consult their family physician before joining an exercise program. Class fees are $3 per class or $5 per week.
Contact Mandi King at 419-484-1072.