Leave Feedback

Suspect sought after shooting at boys

Alissa Widman Neese • Aug 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM


A Sandusky man allegedly fired gunshots at two 17-year-old boys Saturday, inflicting non-life threatening injuries and running off before police arrived.

One bullet grazed a boy's left eyebrow, while another passed through the other boy's shoe, injuring his foot.

The incident occurred near Hancock and Neil streets.

As of Sunday night, police were still searching for Tevin J. Williams, 20, of the 400 block Neil St., who witnesses claim fired the shots, according to a Sandusky police report.

He is facing two charges of felonious assault, as well as one charge of having weapons while under disability, because of previous felony drug offenses.

A relative drove the injured pair to Firelands Regional Medical Center shortly after the incident, according to the report.

When one victim's family members arrived at the hospital, the situation escalated into a frenzy.

The woman threatened hospital staff because they wouldn't let her see the boy without properly identifying her as a family member first, according to a separate Sandusky police report.

Jasmenda K. Brown, 40, of the 600 block of Camp St., allegedly threatened to spit in a nurse's face and told a security staff member she was going to punch and kill him.

Sandusky police responded to the emergency room at about 5:20 p.m. and charged her with persistent disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing.

After she calmed down and hospital staff properly identified her, they let her enter the boy's room.

During the incident, Firelands Regional Medical Center staff members hit their panic alarm because of Brown's threats, according to the report.

As a result, some individuals on social media Friday falsely claimed the incident was a shooting in the hospital's emergency room.

After police spoke with the two victims at the hospital, they searched the area where the shooting allegedly took place, and a witness approached them to offer more information.

The woman told officers she saw a group of people fighting in the street, and one person struck someone in the head with a baseball bat, according to the report.

She then heard gunshots, and a few people ran off to an apartment where Williams lives. 

Police knocked on the apartment's damaged door Saturday evening and it opened on its own, but no one was inside. 

Recommended for You