Leave Feedback

Several arrested for First Street fight

Register • Jun 30, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Police busted a fight in the 800 block of First St. early Friday morning, resulting more than a dozen total criminal charges for those involved, according to a Sandusky police report.

Those arrested:

•Brittney Crawford, 22, 600 block E. Jefferson St., disorderly conduct intoxicated.

•Tyler Dillery, 21, whose address was not listed in the police report, disorderly conduct intoxicated, carrying concealed weapons, obstructing official business.

•Girl, 15, 600 block E. Jefferson St., curfew, obstructing official business, possession of controlled substance.

•Girl, 16, 600 block E. Jefferson St., curfew, obstructing official business, juvenile cigarette.

•Boy, 15, 2000 block E. Oldgate Road, curfew, underage consumption, resisting arrest.

•Boy, 16, Toledo, curfew, resisting arrest, underage consumption. 

Police arrived at the scene at about 2 a.m., and the group quickly scattered throughout the area, according to the report.

Crawford attempted to evade police in a nearby alley, but to no avail. 

Dillery ran off toward Sycamore Line, but officers caught up to him and handcuffed him. He was carrying a folding pocket knife in his pants pocket.

Both were visibly intoxicated, according to the report.

The 15-year-old girl hopped two fences and ran through a Second Street home's backyard. She eventually tripped, enabling police to arrest her, too. She had two burnt marijuana blunts in her purse.

The 16-year-old girl hid in nearby bushes until a neighbor tipped off police to her hiding spot. She had two cigars in her purse.

The 15-year-old boy refused to enter a police cruiser following his arrest for underage consumption and violating curfew, prompting police to use "reasonable force," according to the report.

The 16-year-old boy was extremely intoxicated. After his arrest, the boy vomited in a police cruiser and passed out in a holding cell at the Sandusky Police Department. 

When he arrived at Firelands Regional Medical Center for treatment, he belligerently swore at emergency room staff members and refused a breathalyzer or urine sample test.

Police contacted a family member from Toledo using a phone number the boy provided, but the family member would not take responsibility for him.

The woman told police the boy's mother "allows him to come to Sandusky and move from family member to family member," according to the report.

Police eventually contacted the boy's father in Toledo, who agreed to come pick him up at the Erie County Detention Center, where police transported him and all the juveniles that night. 

Recommended for You