Erie County grand jury indicts 37
Jun 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM
An Erie County grand jury indicted a Sandusky man on serious charges this month for a May 29 beating.
Bryson King, 22, of the 1200 block of Huntington Ave., was indicted for attempted murder and felonious assault.
Sandusky police found Melvin Coleman, 25, of W. Market St. unconscious on the floor of a Wayne Street apartment at about 1 a.m. May 29, according to a police report.
Coleman was rushed to a Toledo hospital for a fractured skull and crushed windpipe as investigators tried to track down his attacker, police said.
Witnesses at the scene told officers of King’s alleged involvement, and police later learned a dispute had broken out, possibly over a woman, Sandusky police Detective Ken Nixon said at the time.
King was located at a woman’s Huron Avenue home about seven hours after the alleged beating and police charged him with felonious assault.
Last week’s grand jury decided to indict him on that felonious assault charge, along with an attempted murder charge.
King is being held at the Erie County jail on $40,000 bond.
An indictment is a formal charge and does not denote guilt or innocence. Other indictments:
• Anthony Loretta, 31, 400 block Stowe St., Huron, receiving stolen property, forgery, identity fraud.
• Demarcus Crosby, 32, 200 block Gilcher Court, complicity to commit theft.
• Candace Wilson, 27, 100 block Division St., complicity to commit theft.
• Kimberly Cross, 39, 500 block Shelby St., cocaine and heroin possession, theft.
• Alberto Mendez Jr., 38, 1000 block Rawson Ave., Fremont, cocaine, aggravated drug possession.
• Glenn Tinker, 39, 100 block E. Main St., Norwalk, heroin possession.
• Christopher Hofer, 33, 600 block Cleveland Road, Huron, cocaine possession, having weapon under disability, receiving stolen property.
• Thomas Wood, 38, 1500 block Pearl St., failure to register address as sex offender.
• Earl Steinmetz, 29, 1600 block Superior St., illegal conveyance of drugs into detention facility, aggravated drug trafficking.
• Barry Keller, 54, 13009 block Filmore St., cocaine, aggravated drug possession.
• Sarah Matheny, 30, 8900 block Ohio 101, Castalia, cocaine possession.
• Mickal Minter, 22, 1500 block Sandusky St., heroin and cocaine possession, tampering with evidence.
• James Payton, 53, 1900 block Harrison St., cocaine possession.
• Raymond Caudill, 26, 2700 block W. Bogart Road, complicity to preparation of marijuana for sale, complicity to tampering with evidence, cocaine possession.
• Lamarquis Walk, 32, 1600 block Harrison St., complicity to preparation of marijuana for sale, complicity to tampering with evidence, illegal conveyance of drugs into detention facility, tampering with evidence, cocaine possession, cocaine trafficking.
• Leonard Mitchell, 60, 1900 block Eddy Henry Way, cocaine possession.
• Jasmine Henson, 22, 200 block W. Water St., obstructing justice. Not indicted on burglary charge.
• Terrance Brown, 30, 200 block Fulton St., burglary.
• Charles Pendleton, 57, 3400 block Columbus Ave., assault.
• Rick Ferguson, 38, 1200 block Peru Olena Road E., Norwalk, three counts non-support of dependents.
• Daniel Ferback, 29, 1600 block Clinton St., two counts non-support of dependents.
• Chance Shelton, 19, 4800 block Harris Road, two counts felonious assault, three counts aggravated burglary, child endangering, domestic violence.
• Dean Geiger, 24, 4000 block Cleveland Road E., Huron, burglary, theft.
• Dennis Blanton, 31, 100 block N. Compass Road, Vermilion, complicity to heroin possession.
• Jessica Carrion, 30, 100 block N. Compass Road, Vermilion, complicity to heroin possession.
• Ricca Rivers, 38, 100 block Taylor St., misuse of credit cards, theft, receiving stolen property.
• Dominique Morris, 19, 800 block Perry St., burglary, failure to comply with order or signal of police officer.
• Ollie Norman, 41, 1300 block Carr St., cocaine, heroin, aggravated drug and drug possession, preparation of heroin for sale, aggravated preparation of drugs for sale.
• Anthony Hatfield, 46, 800 block Decatur St., heroin possession.
• Darrick Kaiser, 24, 2000 block Linden Drive, Huron, receiving stolen property, carrying concealed weapon.
• Jerrad Pean, 24, 400 block McKelvey St., complicity to receiving stolen property.
• Bryson Denney, 23, 8200 block Decatur St., complicity to receiving stolen property, carrying concealed weapon.
• Asa Miller, 53, 900 block Warren St., having weapon under disability.
• Christopher Wright, 19, 600 block McDonough St., aggravated robbery, felonious assault.
• Jason Crum, 36, 1500 block Harrison St., complicity to theft.
• Anthony Muscioni, 39, 1500 block Harrison St., complicity to theft.