Opinion: Vote for Most Disappointing Public Servant
May 22, 2014 at 8:38 AM
The Register has reported numerous complaints from numerous families about difficulties they've encountered with some public officials. It's become a horse race as to which elected officeholder, or public employee is most non-responsive when family members seek answers to difficult questions.
There's a pattern, however, across boundaries and agencies from the local to the federal governments to simply ignore inquiries from families and from reporters.
But here's your chance to express your opinion and vote your preference for the worst service rendered by a public servant since Jan. 1, 2014.
Copy and paste your vote, or nominate your own worst public servant, in the comments section below.
• Ottawa County Prosecutor Mark Mulligan
* Huron County Sheriff Dane Howard
* Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine
• Sandusky County Prosecutor Tom Stierwalt
• President Barack Obama
• Put-in-Bay police Chief Rick Lampella
• Sandusky County clerk of courts Tracy Overmyer
• Ohio Attorney General Prosecutor Matt Donahue
• Ohio Supreme Court Visiting Judge Dale Crawford
• Ohio Department of Public Safety director John Born