Seven shot, one beaten at Geno's
UPDATED: Seven shot, one badly beaten at former DJs Sports Bar
May 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM
(UPDATED 11:30 a.m.) : Sandusky police Detective Dana Newell released the following details about the 4:30 a.m. multiple-victim shooting:
• No arrests have been made in the case. Police are now reviewing surveillance video to identify the alleged suspects.
• There is the possibility there was more than one shooter. "For that many people to get shot...you have to reload. There could be multiple shooters," Newell said.
• None of the seven shot are children, all are adults. No names have been released. Officers have touched based with victims in the emergency room, but have gleaned few details from them thus far.
• "We've got a group of people from out of town that came in, I don't want to say yet from where," Newell said.
• Shots were fired both inside and outside the Cleveland Road bar, near the Shell gas station, which now goes by the name of "Geno's." Gunshot victims were primarily bystanders and do not appear to have been involved in the altercation, Newell said.
• Officials do not yet know what sparked the beating of the man.
• Newell could not yet say if the incident was gang-related.
Check back for more updates as they become available.
UPDATED 9:02 a.m.: Correction: Police are interviewing a witness currently, not a suspect as previously stated.
No names have been released.
Sandusky police detectives are interviewing a suspect now at the Sandusky police station.
Stay tuned...more details to follow after that interview is completed.