Leave Feedback

Woman recovering from scissors slash

Courtney Astolfi • Apr 8, 2014 at 4:10 PM

A Sandusky woman slashed her throat with a pair of scissors Sunday night, then cut her boyfriend’s arm when he tried to intervene, Sandusky police said.

Beckie Gordon, 60, was still being treated late Monday at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo, where she was flown shortly after the incident.

Her boyfriend — Timothy Krause, 53 — was treated at Firelands Regional Medical Center for a stab wound to the forearm, police said.

Police have yet to file charges.

Officers were dispatched to the 1300 block of Shelby St. at about 8 p.m. Sunday after receiving a report of a double stabbing, according to a police report.    They arrived to see a group of people running off, and they soon found a bloodsoaked Gordon standing at Tyler Street and Central Avenue. As paramedics tended to Gordon’s wounds, police went to her Shelby Street home to speak with her boyfriend, Krause.

When he answered the door, Krause was holding a towel to a stab wound on his right forearm, the report said. He told police he and Gordon began arguing after they returned home from church, so they each left home to visit their respective relatives. When they arrived back home, Gordon was intoxicated and they started to argue again, the report said.

At some point, Krause told Gordon to stay the night at a hotel room she’d rented. Gordon responded by grabbing a pair of stainless steel kitchen scissors and “stabbing and slicing” her own neck, the report said.

When Krause tried to wrest the scissors away, Gordon allegedly stabbed his arm. He pulled the weapon from her hand and Gordon fled the home, the report said.

Three bystanders later told police they saw a blood-covered woman, later identified as Gordon, lying in the road. After they asked a nearby resident to call police, the woman got up and began running down Tyler Street. The trio gave chase and caught up to Gordon, waiting with her until officers arrived, the report said.

Gordon and Krause were taken to Firelands Regional Medical Center, but Gordon was later flown to the hospital in Toledo. She suffered severe injuries, and as of Monday afternoon her condition had yet to improve, police said.

Officers said they’re still investigating the incident to determine what charges will be filed.

Recommended for You