Leave Feedback

Firefighters extinguish Polk Street fire

Sandusky Register Staff • Feb 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Firefighters were called to a house in the 800 block of Polk St., just before 4 p.m. when a fire broke out in the home’s kitchen, Sandusky fire Capt. Matt Lesch said.

A resident escaped the home safely, but the first floor did sustain some smoke damage, Lesch said.

The fire started when a resident was cooking food on the stovetop.

Flames leapt up from a pan, catching a few kitchen cabinets on fire, Lesch said.

Recommended for You