Send us photos of your favorite veteran(s)
Sandusky Register Staff
Nov 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Send a photo of your favorite veteran so that we can create a gallery of locals who have served or are currently serving.
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos submitted so far can be viewed HERE
Veterans Day is celebrated today.
Here’s a look at some of the events past and present:
• Monday: The annual Veterans Day service is at 11 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 265 Jackson St. in downtown Sandusky.
• Saturday: VFW Post No. 1238, 2001 E. Main Street, will host a variety of events and displays from noon to 5 p.m.
• Monday: A Veterans Day service is at 11 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial. If it rains, the event will move to the Eagles Club.
• Monday: Edison Elementary School, 140 S. Main St., will host a Veterans Day assembly at 9 a.m. All are welcome to attend.
• Nov. 26: Briar Middle School’s annual Patriotic Day celebration is 9 a.m. at the school gym, 3700 South Ave. Call 419-625-0132 to RSVP.
• Monday: Liberty Aviation Museum, 3515 East State Road, will offer free admission all day for veterans. The museum will also screen war movies such as “Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo.”
• Tuesday: Free veterans luncheon at the Vermilion school board office. Call Kristy Edmison by Friday at 440-204-1701, ext. 317, to RSVP to attend.